Through the Protection Program of Turkish Red Crescent; the violence, enforcement, and abuse cases are considered within the scope of the humanitarian principles, objectivity, independence and international law and especially international human rights; and it performs inclusive works/examinations in order to meet the requirements of the people increase the awareness.
The Protection Program fields are as follows:
* Conditional Cash Transfer for Education (CCTE) – Child Protection Component
The community access teams are established in order to contact with most of the disadvantaged group families which bear the required conditions for benefiting from the Turkish Red Crescent and UNICEF Conditional Cash Support Program and in order to consider these families (at first phase in 15 provinces). These teams involve in the detection of problems of protected children including intra-family violence, child labor and child marriage cases, and consignment of these children to the related services.
Furthermore, the adults found during the visits are also included in these cases or oriented to the related departments.
- Emergency Social Safety Network (ESSN) – Protection Program Component
The cash transfer applications which are received within the scope of the Emergency Social Safety Network Program, some problems which require intervention, are faced besides the cash transfer needs of Service Centers. In order to meet these requirements, in March 2017 the ESSN Protection Component was commissioned by the help of IFRC. With this regard, the complaints and problems are noted and they are followed up and orientated by the field teams.
* Special Need Fund (SNF) and Individual Protection Aid (IPA)
Special Need Fund provides individual based protection to the people who are forced to move and have some requirements. Through the Turkish Red Crescent Community Centers where the protection and case management services are provided to the unprotected population as most of them are Syrians.
The requirements of the families/individuals who have problems mostly due to chronic diseases, material requirements for disabled people, development disorder caused by deficient nutrition, are detected and the aids are provided to those people as to enable them to live with honor.
The most important and primary purpose of the Community Centers is to achieve the Social Cohesion between the local community and migrated community.
Social Cohesion aims to include the individuals in the social, private and public structures and to ensure them to reach health, education, public services and to include them in employment, hence to give them a chance to be a part of the society.
In this manner; the Community Centers arranges activities such as language education, sportive activities, cultural activities, artistic activities, voluntary activities and increasing the empathy. Besides, in order to strengthen the social cohesion, the migrated population and local population are gathered in many activities.
The Social Cohesion can be listed under 4 articles.
1. to provide clear and understandable information to displaced population about the education, health, legal rights etc., to develop the services provided in the Community Centers, to share information about the community centers and their services, to establish a feedback mechanism in order to receive the opinion and suggestion of the migrated population about the new courses, services and social activities.
2. To promote friendly relations between the local community and displaced population, to gather the local community and members of the migrated population in order to defeat the cultural differences, to ensure the migrated population to involve in the activities such as the community dialogue, seminars, cultural activities, advisory boards and vocational courses.
3. To arrange sportive activities in order to ensure the peaceful contact between children and young people, to promote the social and cultural activities, to promote the diversification/differences between the young people, to arrange seminars, distribution of booklets and focus group interviews, to prevent peer violence and to increase the awareness.
4. The purposes are followed such as: to promote the volunteering, in order to ensure the adaptation of local community to displaced community, to achieve the empathy through the communication tools, to achieve change in the behavior and approach of the community through struggling with prejudices.